Hayward offers a complete selection of solar controllers that help you maintain the perfect water temperature, without using your heater. All Aqua Solar controllers automatically divert the water flowing between your pool’s filter and heater and route it through solar thermal collectors. There, the water is heated to a set temperature and circulated back into the pool or spa. Pool owners can even maintain their pool and spa at different temperatures.
Aqua Solar can also cool a pool and spa. If water is higher than the set temperature, and the temperature in the solar collectors is at least 8° cooler than the pool water, Aqua Solar automatically circulates cooler water into the pool or spa. An Aqua Solar System can pay for itself in as little as three years.
The Solar Combos are bundled systems consisting of a controller, an actuator, a diverter valve and two temperature sensors. They maximize solar heat collection by monitoring the temperature of both your solar collectors and your pool. When your pool needs heating – and your solar collectors are in energy-receiving mode – the controller automatically diverts the water flowing between your pool’s filter and gas heater and routes it through your solar collectors. There, the water is heated to a pre-set temperature, or until no more solar energy is available, at which time the gas or electric heater kicks in, using only as much fuel as necessary to make up the difference.
Aqua Solar® TC: Aqua Solar Time Clock model provides all the capabilities of the Aqua Solar plus an integral time clock for 24-hour control of the pool’s main pump and filtration system. The time clock is programmable in 15-minute increments and can have multiple on/off times. There’s also an exclusive solar override feature that maximizes solar gain while minimizing electricity usage.
Aqua Solar GL-235™: America’s best-selling solar control is designed for easy and dependable operation. Its microprocessor-based technology ensures reliable and accurate performance. Advanced features include differential temperature control, selectable high limit, programmable recirculation freeze protection, nocturnal cooling, and optional booster pump control.
- Automation that maximizes solar heat collection
- Single-setting, precision temperature adjustment
- Automatic switching (selectable) from solar pool heating to cooling
- Easy-to-read LED indicators showing system status
- Freeze protection option if temperature nears 32°F
- Microprocessor-based electronics for accuracy and reliability
- Locking, weatherproof enclosure
- Installer-programmable features for system adaptability
- NSF, UL and CUL approved
- Exclusive 5-year limited warranty
- Hayward’s cutting edge control system with advanced features
- Dual digital display of pool water and solar collector temperatures
- Full system diagnostic LEDs
- Customizable features: High temperature limit (70°F to 140°F); Programmable freeze protection and water cooling; Simple, single temperature control dial
- All the advanced features of Aqua Solar, plus integrated time clock
- 24-hour control of the pool’s main pump and filtration system
- Programmable in 15-minute increments
- Multiple on/off settings
- Exclusive solar override to minimize electricity usage
- America’s best-selling entry-level solar control
- Microprocessor-based technology
- Reliable, accurate performance
- LED status indicator
- Automatically maximizes solar heat collection
- Solar heating to nocturnal cooling selectable operation
SC-1/4, SC-1/2, PC: All sensors (except GC-2) are interchangeable thermistor type: 10K ohm @ 77°F/25°C.