The smart, easy, efficient way to go solar
Solar pool heating is a smart investment. Make the most of it with the smartest, most efficient solar controller you can buy: SolarTouch™ automation from Pentair®. Only the SolarTouch solar system gives you the precision and reliability of full digital control. Just set the digital thermostat and SolarTouch will monitor the temperature of the pool water and solar collectors. Whenever the sun offers sufficient energy for effective heating, the SolarTouch controller opens a motorized valve and sends filtered water to your collectors. If temperatures drop, the system shuts the valve to keep cold water out of your pool. This effective monitoring of the sun’s energy helps optimize energy use, earning the SolarTouch solar system the Eco Select brand.
- Digital calibration of water andd solar temperature in one degree increments.
- Integrates with IntelliFlo® and IntelliPro® Variable Speed pumps
- Set pool temperatures and solar temperature differentials with the touch of a button
- Solar valve automatically drains the solar collectors when pump shuts off
- Durable PTFE seal is maintenance-free for years of dependable service
- LCD display provides sharp, clear readings
- LED indicator lights confirm SolarTouch is working. Service indicator LED shows when attention is required.
- Motorized valve actuator is built to last with sturdy steel gears; highly efficient low-voltage motor; service switch for flow direction
- Weatherproof composite enclosure
- Nocturnal colling and recirculation freeze protection with filter-pump timer override
- 3-year warranty
Savings based on variable speed pump compared to a single-speed pump running 12 hours per day at an average of $0.16 per kWh in a 20,000 gallon pool. Actual savings may vary based on local utility rates, pool size, pump run time, pump horsepower, pump rpm, plumbing size and length, pump model, service factor and other hydraulic factors.