Raypak is proud to introduce our new heat pump product line. Every Raypak heat pump comes standard with a Titanium heat exchanger. Based upon our Classic series, the Specialty series heat pumps have been designed to meet the exacting needs of the pool and spa professional while offering features not as commonly required.
- Exclusive DuraSteel™ Powder-Coated Cabinet: Polyester powder-coated, non-corrosive cabinet is more durable than plastic heat pump cabinets. Same rugged steel construction used by all the major air conditioner manufacturers.
- Large Air Coils: Raised lanced-fin design maximizes heating at lower temperatures. Raypak engineered coils are highly optimized to meet our specific design requirements, from the proper fins per inch to advanced distribution circuiting. We are the only heat pump pool heater company to actually manufacture our own coils.
- Venturi Fan Cowling: High-capacity 3000-cfm fan provides unrestricted air flow for better heating. Precision engineered and manufactured cabinet design eliminates unwanted air gaps. This means more air over the coil which translates to greater efficiency.
- Scroll Compressor: Scroll compressors are quiet and efficient compared to piston type compressors. They provide higher efficiency, lower sound levels, superior durability and unsurpassed reliability. The unique design of a scroll compressor actually wears in over time, not out!
- Sound Isolation Pads: Prevents sound transfer to equipment pad and elevates the base pan to improve water drainage. It’s the little details like this that make Raypak products stand out from the crowd.
- Spiral Titanium Tube: Our spiral titanium-tube heat exchanger provides a corrosion-free waterway that can withstand the abuses of harsh pool chemistry. The spiral tube helps reduce deposit build-up and increases efficiency by performing a “scoop-and-lift” action.
- Internal Bypass Valving: Automatically compensates for normal day-to-day changes in your pool’s hydraulics, maximizing heat transfer efficiency.
- Plumbing Connections: Offset 2” PVC union connections are included for ease of installation.
- Dual Thermostats: Allows separate pool and spa temperature settings
- Exclusive Direct-Set Thermostat: Our direct-set thermostat is easy to use; the temperature settings are right on the dial. This eliminates the guesswork involved compared with some dials that use a gradient or blue-to-red “swoosh”
- Remote/Local Switch: Compatible with the latest automated pool control systems. Exclusive remote/local switch ends the conflict between outside control systems and the heat pump control system. Great for troubleshooting.
- Diagnostic Lights: Six LED diagnostic lights keep you informed about the heat pump pool heater operation Power on, water flow, heat demand, compressor delay, defrost active, low refrigerant pressure.
- Remote Compatible: Your digital heat pump pool heater can be set to have a different target temperature for your pool and your spa. This allows you to dial in just the right spa temperature and never have to adjust it again. The pool can be set to a lower, more energy saving temperature.
- Pool/Spa Control: Your digital heat pump pool heater can be set to have a different target temperatures for your pool and spa. This allows you to dial in just the right spa temperature and never have to adjust it again. The pool can be set to a lower, more energy saving temperature.
- Remote Compatible: The digital heat pump pool heater can be easily controlled by most two-wire and three-wire remote systems.
- On Board Diagnostics: Tells the homeowner if there is a problem. Provides the service technician with detailed diagnostic information.
- Heat/Cool Option: Allows the heat pump to operate in reverse in hot weather, pulling heat out of the water. Cooling capacity is somewhat less than the heating capacity.
- Power Frost: Allows the heat pump to operate in colder weather by keeping the heat exchanger tubes from developing frost. When the air temp drops below about 45F, the unit will shut down because there isn’t enough heat in the air to allow for productive operation.